MILAN – With Saturday’s Week 22 clash between Inter and Pescara drawing ever nearer, we’ve teamed up with Opta to quench your thirst for all things statistical. Check out the key facts and figures below.
- Inter have won each of their last seven matches against Pescara, scoring 17 goals and conceding just three.
- The Nerazzurri have won their last six Serie A matches and have conceded just two goals in that time – fewer than any other side in that period.
- Stefano Pioli’s side are particularly strong at the back towards the end of matches. They have conceded just four goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season.
- Inter have had more shots on goal, crosses from open play and corners than anyone else in the league.
- Mauro Icardi has had a hand in four of Inter’s last five goals at San Siro and tops the Serie A scoring charts with 15 goals. Icardi has also laid on seven assists, which is his best-ever return. Icardi has scored six goals in his two previous matches against Pescara.
- Antonio Candreva has supplied more crosses than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues.
- Joao Mario has scored one and supplied three assists in his last five matches.
- Former Inter player Sulley Muntari is in line to make his Pescara debut, while Gianluca Caprari (owned by Inter but on loan at Pescara) is suspended. Meanwhile Cristian Ansaldi is suspended for the Nerazzurri.
- Saturday will be the first meeting between Stefano Pioli and Massimo Oddo. Pioli has a good managerial record against Pescara.