MILAN - The third match of the season brought the third win of the season for Luciano Spalletti's Inter as they beat SPAL 2-0 at San Siro.
In collaboration with Opta, here are all the stats from yesterday's lunchtime kick-off.
- Each of Inter's 8 goals in Serie A this season have seen either Mauro Icardi or Ivan Perisic involved (with goals or assists).
- Mauro Icardi has scored at least once against each of the 18 current Serie A opponents already faced (he has never played vs Benevento).
- The Argentinian striker has found the net in each of the opening three Serie A games for the first time in his career.
- Icardi has scored one goal every 12 touches – the best ratio among Serie A players with more than one goal scored this season.
- Ivan Perisic has scored three goals and provided six assists in his last five Serie A appearances.
- Inter have won five Serie A games in a row, after having picked up only two points in the previous eight league fixtures.
- The Nerazzurri have won their opening three Serie A games for the fourth time since 1994-95. In the previous three occasions, they have always ended the season in the top-four positions.
- SPAL had only one shot on target: only once in 2017 have Inter conceded fewest shots on target in Serie A (none vs Palermo last January)