MILAN - In collaboration with Opta, take a closer look at the statistics from Tuesday’s Champions League match against Slavia Prague at the San Siro.
- Nicolò Barella is the first Italian player to score on his Champions League debut since Davide Zappacosta in September 2017 – against Qarabag for Conte’s Chelsea.
- Nicolò Barella is the first Italian player to score for Inter in the Champions League since Pazzini in March 2012 (vs. Marseille).
- Barella’s goal (91:47) was Inter’s latest Champions League goal since Pazzini scored against Marseille in March 2012 (95:26).
- Five of Inter’s eight goals this season have been scored by midfielders.
- Inter have fallen behind in each of their last seven Champions League matches (including their last Champions League campaign) – they have not won any of the last five (L3, D2).
- Peter Olayinka is the first Nigerian player to score on his Champions League debut since Yakubu netted for Maccabi Haifa against Olympiacos in September 2002.
- The last time that Inter fielded four Italian players in the Champions League was in December 2010, in a match against Werder Bremen (Santon, Orlandoni, Biraghi and Thiago Motta).
- Inter have failed to score in the first half in nine of their last ten matches in the Champions League.