MILAN - (provided by Football Data) Inter has become World Champion for the third time in the club's history: after the successes of 1964 and 1965 in the then named Intercontinental Cup, the Nerazzurri have won the Club World Cup, ending a year that makes it into the history books of the club of corso Vittorio Emanuele. And with the Club World Cup came number of records:
• The two 3-0 inflicted to Ilhwa Chunma Seongnam and Tp Mazembe equal the best victories of an Italian club in this event: previously it was obtained by the very Inter (3-0 over Independiente on September 8 1965) and by Milan (3-0 over Estudiantes on October 8 1969 and over Olimpia Asuncion on December 9 1990), but all of these came in the old style Intercontinental Cup. In the Club World Cup this is the best win by for an Italian team, and it beats the 4-2 Milan inflicted to Boca Juniores in the 2007 final.
• The 3-0 win over Mazembe in the big final is now the final won by the biggest margin in the modern version of the Club World Cup, once again this record beats the Rossoneri's 4-2 over Boca Juniores on December 16 2007.
• Inter became World Champions with the best attack in this modern version of the Club World Cup: only Manchester United in 2008 did as well, after scoring 5 goals against the Japanese side Gamba Osaka in the semi-final and 1 against Quito in the big final. Six goals were also scored by Corinthias in 2000, but in a different format tournament that saw the Brazilians play 4 games, including the final, as opposed to the two games played by Ferguson's and Benitez's sides.
• Amongst the three sides that scored 6 goals in the World Club Cup - Inter, Corinthias and Manchester United - only the Nerazzurri scored with 6 different players: Biabiany, Eto'o, Milito, Pandev, Stankovic and Zanetti. Corinthias scored 2 of their six goals through Edilson, and of Manchester United's 6, Rooney scored 3.
• Inter are the first side to win the modern Club World Cup without having conceded a single goal in the180 minutes played on the way to winning the title.