GIUSEPPE MEAZZA STADIUM
The San Siro Stadium was built between 1 August 1925 and 15 September 1926.
In just over a year a structure capable of containing 35,000 spectators was erected. It cost about 5 million Italia Lira to build and the construction was financed by then AC Milan president Piero Pirelli. The first match played at the new stadium was a Milan derby on 19 September 1926. Inter beat AC Milan 6-3.
In 1935 AC Milan sold the stadium to the local government, who added the second tier, increasing the capacity to 60,000. Lighting for night matches was installed in 1957, and an electronic scoreboard was added a decade later.
In 1980 this glorious 'Temple of Football' was named after Giuseppe Meazza in memory of the former Inter and Italy legend. The stadium underwent its most recent transformation in 1990 with the addition of a third tier, completed in time for the 1990 World Cup. The fully covered, total seating capacity is 80.018