MILAN - Games against Sassuolo are always complicated, and last night’s 3-3 draw at San Siro was a tough pill to swallow for Inter, in terms of statistics too. Inter hadn’t conceded three goals in any Serie A game since their 4-3 win over Sassuolo in the first round of fixtures this season, and they hadn’t conceded three at home in Serie A since a 3-2 loss to Juventus in April 2018. Despite this, last night’s match also saw some firsts, some players back on the scoresheet and some important statistics. In collaboration with Opta, here’s all you need to know about Inter 3-3 Sassuolo.
- Cristiano Biraghi became Inter’s 16th goalscorer in Serie A this season, the Nerazzurri having more than any other side in the competition.
- Romelu Lukaku has now scored 19 goals in Serie A this season, his second best campaign in Europe’s Top 5 leagues (only bettered by 2016/17 when he scored 25 for Everton in the Premier League).
- Borja Valero scored his first Serie A goal at San Siro for Inter last night, his previous three had all come away from home.
- Alexis Sánchez has had a hand in a goal in each of three Serie A starts this season (one goal, two assists).
- Last night, Samir Handanovic (467) overtook Sergio Cervato to move into 25th place for total Serie A appearances in the history of the competition.