MILAN – A penalty from Lautaro Martinez meant that Inter secured a 1-0 win at the Allianz Stadion in the first leg of their Round of 32 Europa League clash against Rapid Vienna. The return leg will be played next Thursday at San Siro.
In collaboration with Opta, here are all the stats from the match:
- Lautaro Martínez has scored in two consecutive matches for Inter for the first time in all competitions.
- Four of Inter’s last six goals in all competitions have been scored by Lautaro Martínez.
- Lautaro Martínez has netted four goals in his last four games for Inter in all competitions when he has played as a starter.
- Martínez scored his first goal for Inter in European football (seven in total for him in all competitions).
- Inter have won two away games in a row in all competitions for the first time since October 2018 (when they won four in succession).
- Inter have won an away match in at the knockout stage of a European competition for the first time since February 2013 (vs. Cluj in Europa League).
- Inter have scored all of their six penalties they’ve been given in all competitions so far this season.
- In the four games in all competitions in which Lautaro Martínez has scored the first goal of the match, Inter have always gone on to win.
- Inter only allowed Rapid Vienna to have a total of four shots at the goal, the best figure for them in a single match in all competitions so far this season.