MILAN - A Champions League defeat for Inter as they slipped to a 3-2 defeat away to Borussia Dortmund. Conte’s side will still however progress should they win their final two games. Here are all of the facts and statistics from the match, compiled in collaboration with Opta.
- Lautaro Martinez is the first Inter player to score in three consecutive Champions League appearances since Samuel Eto’o (four in a row in 2010).
- Lautaro Martinez has scored with his first shot of the match in each of his last three Champions League appearances, with all three of these goals coming in the first 25 minutes of play.
- Matías Vecino has now scored two goals from just two shots on target in the Champions League (the first against Tottenham in September 2018).
- Inter scored two goals in the first half of a Champions League match for the first time since September 2011 (against CSKA Moscow).
- Borussia Dortmund have scored five goals in the Champions League this season, Achraf Hakimi has scored all but one of these five.
- Last night was Lautaro Martínez’s 50th appearance for Inter in all competitions, with 30 of these coming as a starter.
- This was Borussia Dortmund’s first home win against Inter in European competitions after one draw and one game lost.