MILAN – On Monday 18 May, the Federal President suspended all football competitions organised by the FIGC until 14 June 2020.
The Italian Football Federation released the following statement:
- Official Statement No.193/A released on 4 May 2020;
- the Prime Minister’s Decree from 17 May 2020 concerning “urgent measures to contain the spread of infection throughout Italy”
- the text of the said Decree, which outlines that sporting events and competitions of all kinds and disciplines are suspended in public or private places until 14 June 2020
- Article 24 of the Federal Statute
- the agreement of the Federation’s Vice-Presidents
the FIGC President has taken the decision to suspend all football competitions organised by the FIGC until 14 June 2020. This resolution will be submitted to the Federal Council for ratification at its next meeting.”