It's the eve of the Derby: let's get ready for the cross-city clash by exploring a few fun facts relating to the fixtures that have been played between the Nerazzurri and Rossoneri!
- Prior to Eriksen's first goal in the Coppa Italia, when had a Nerazzurri player last scored a free kick in the Derby?
GORAN PANDEV, in 2010
In 2010, José Mourinho’s Inter beat AC Milan 2-0, with Milito opening the scoring in his usual style. Then, despite being down to ten men following Sneijder’s sending-off, the Nerazzurri doubled their lead in the second half thanks to Goran Pandev’s left-footed free kick. In the closing stages, Lucio also received a red card and Julio Cesar saved a Ronaldinho penalty.
- Who last scored a Nerazzurri brace in the league with AC Milan as the home team?
DIEGO SIMEONE, 1998
Simeone broke the deadlock from a corner. Then, after a wonderful finish from Ronaldo to double Inter’s lead, the Argentine burst forward and opted to go it alone, taking the ball past Rossi and finding the net. Inter ran out 3-0 winners that day!
- In the last ten years, two Nerazzurri players have opened the scoring in an AC Milan vs. Inter showdown in the first five minutes. Who are they?
WALTER SAMUEL and MATIAS VECINO
Walter Samuel headed into the net in the third minute on 7 October 2012, a day which saw Inter emerge 1-0 victors. Matias Vecino, meanwhile, opened the scoring on 17 March 2019, when the Nerazzurri came away with a 3-2 away win.
- Which current Inter defender has scored the most goals against AC Milan?
STEFAN DE VRIJ
The Dutchman has found the net twice with his head against the Rossoneri: in Inter's 3-2 and 4-2 wins in March 2019 and February 2020 respectively.
- Considering only the fixtures with Inter as the away team, which Nerazzurri player has scored the most Derby goals since 2000?
DEJAN STANKOVIC (three goals)
In total, Dejan Stankovic scored four goals for Inter against AC Milan, three of which came with the Nerazzurri as the away team: he found the net in Inter's 3-2 defeat in 2004 (Stankovic's first Nerazzurri goal, directly from a corner), 4-3 win on 28/10/2006 and 4-0 triumph in August 2009.
- What has been the highest scoring AC Milan vs. Inter showdown in the past 20 years?
AC MILAN 3-4 INTER in 2006
What a match! Mancini's Inter were the dominant side, taking a 4-1 lead prior to being reduced to ten men following Materazzi's red card. AC Milan weren't able to make a comeback, however. The following players got on the scoresheet that day: 53' Seedorf, 79' Gilardino, 94' Kakà; 17' Crespo, 22' Stankovic, 50' Ibrahimovic, 72' Materazzi.
- In 1990, Serena bagged a brace in the #DerbyMilano: what song sung by Nerazzurri fan Ligabue came out that year?
BALLIAMO SUL MONDO
'Balliamo sul mondo' was part of Luciano Ligabue's first album ('Ligabue'). It was released in 1990, a year which saw Aldo Serena bag a brace in the Derby. Matthäus also got on the scoresheet in a 3-1 Inter away win on 18 March.
- Do you remember the last ten goals scored by Inter against AC Milan n the league? The goalscorers were...
What are the biggest away wins that the Nerazzurri have recorded in the Derby?
06/02/1910 AC Milan 0-5 Inter
24/03/1974 AC Milan 1-5 Inter 5' Oriali, 7' Sabadini OG, 9' Boninsegna, 20' Chiarugi, 44' Mazzola, 69' Mariani
29/08/2009 AC Milan 0-4 Inter 29' Motta, 36' Milito (pen.), 46' Maicon, 70' Stankovic
- On 21/09/2019, Lukaku scored his first goal in the #DerbyMilano. How many times has the Belgian found the net against the Rossoneri in the league?
Romelu Lukaku has scored three times against AC Milan in Serie A. The Belgian has found the net in all the Derbies he's played in the Italian top flight. After scoring in September 2019, he sealed a 4-2 comeback victory last season and bagged a goal earlier on this campaign.