MILAN – It was very much a Black&Blue #DerbyMilano yesterday evening: Inter’s 2-0 win thanks to goals from Brozovic and Lukaku meant the night belonged to us, with the Nerazzurri bringing joy to millions of fans in the process. In collaboration with Opta, here are all the relevant facts and figures from the match played at San Siro:
- Inter are now unbeaten in seven Milan Derbies in Serie A (four wins, three draws) for the first time since March 1999.
- Inter have struck the woodwork four times so far this season. On each occasion, it was an Italian player who hit either the bar or post (Politano, Sensi, D’Ambrosio and Candreva).
- Milan and Inter are the only two sides who haven’t conceded a first-half goal so far this campaign.
- Marcelo Brozovic is the only midfielder in Serie A to have scored at least one goal in each of the past six seasons.
- Brozovic is the third Croatian player to have bagged a goal in the Milan Derby in Italy’s top flight, Boban and Perisic being the other two.
- The last three goals scored by Brozovic in Serie A have come from outside the box.
- In each of the past four seasons, Romelu Lukaku has scored at least three goals in his first four league appearances.
- Lukaku previously hadn’t scored a goal with his head since 2 September 2018, when he netted against Burnley in the Premier League.