MILAN – Biraghi and Lukaku’s goals overcome Cauly’s opener as Inter progress through to the UEFA Europa League 2019/20 round of 16.
Here are all the stats from the 2-1 win at San Siro in collaboration with Opta:
- Romelu Lukaku is the second player in Inter history to score at least two goals in four different competitions in a single season (excluding qualifiers) after Samuel Eto’o in 2010/11.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored in seven consecutive appearances in the Europa League: the last player to have a longer streak was Alan Shearer for Newcastle in 2004/05 (eight games in what was then the UEFA Cup)
- Antonio Conte has won eleven of his first 19 home games as Inter coach, the last coach to do better was Jose Mourinho (twelve wins).
- Romelu Lukaku and Christian Eriksen have scored at least one goal and provided at least one assist with three different teams in the Europa League, only Jeremain Lens has managed it with four teams.
- Inter have progressed through 18 out of 19 knockout rounds in the Champions League and UEFA Cup/Europa League after winning the first leg.
- Cristiano Biraghi has been involved in five goals this season (one goal, four assists), his record in one season is six, which he managed last year for Fiorentina.