MILAN - Five wins from five in the league for Inter under Antonio Cinte after the result against Lazio in the first round of midweek fixtures in the 2019-20 Serie A season. The three points were secured thanks to a Danilo D’Ambrosio goal at the Meazza and they keep the Nerazzurri top of the table.
In collaboration with Opta, here are the most interesting facts from the match.
- Antonio Conte is the first Inter Coach to have won the opening five league games in his first season.
- For the third time in history, Inter have won the first five matches of a Serie A season after previously doing so in 1966-67 and 2015-16.
- With just one goal conceded, Inter have the best defence across the top five European leagues in the 2019-20 season
- Danilo D’Ambrosio has scored in two of the last three Serie A matches against Lazio. He hadn’t scored with his head since September 2017 when he did so against Genoa.
- Not since April 2019 had Lazio failed to score in an away match in Serie A. That was also at a San Siro but against AC Milan.
- Samir Handanovic played for the 300th time for Inter across all competitions.
- Cristiano Biraghi played in a competitive match for Inter 3,214 days since he last did so in December 2010 against Werder Bremen.