NAPLES - 2020 began just as 2019 finished, with a win for Antonio Conte's Inter as they returned from the San Paolo with three points thanks to Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez's goals to beat Napoli 3-1.
In collaboration with Opta, here are all of the best statistics from the Nerazzurri's win:
- This is the first time in Serie A (in the three points per win era) that two sides have had 45+ points after 18 games played in a single campaign.
- This was Antonio Conte’s 100th Serie A win as a manager in just 145 games: he is the fastest manager to reach this milestone from coaches who made their debut in Serie A from 1994-95 onwards.
- With 14, Lukaku has scored the most goals in his first 18 appearances for Inter in the three points per win era: the previous record was held by Christian Vieri in 2000 (13 goals).
- Inter have two players with 9+ goals after 18 games played in a single Serie A season (Lukaku 14 and Lautaro Marinez with nine) for the first time since 2007/08 (Ibrahimovic and Julio Cruz).
- Inter won a Serie A encounter away from home against Napoli for the first time since October 1997.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored 14 goals in his first 18 Serie A appearances, beating his record in Europes top-5 leagues after 18 games played.
- Lukaku is the sixth player to score 2+ goals in two consecutive appearances for Inter in Serie A in the three points per win era (after Icardi, Recoba, Vieri, Ibrahimovic and Eto'o).
- Lukaku is the first player in Serie A in the three points per win era to score 10 goals away from home in less than 10 games played (nine), beating Cristiano Ronaldo’s record last season (after eleven appearances).
- With 16 goals (ten for the Belgian and six for the Argentine), Lukaku and Lautaro are the best goalscoring duo away from home in the top-5 European leagues this season.
- Only Ciro Immobile (1.12) and Cristiano Ronaldo (0.87) have better goals-to-games ratios than Arkadiusz Milik and Romelu Lukaku (both 0.78) in Serie A this season (min. 2 goals).
- Inter have scored 22 goals during the first halves of Serie A games this season, more than any other side.
- Marcelo Brozovic has provided four assists in his last five Serie A appearances, one more than in all of his previous 46.
- Marcelo Brozovic made his 150th appearance in Serie A and his 150th start for Inter in all competitions.