MILAN – The final instalment of the #Timeless2010 Inter Quiz is a Champions League special to relive the journey that culminated on that night in Madrid ten years ago, the final piece of the Triplete. Let’s retrace that European run from the 2009/10 season with facts and stats.
1) How many clean sheets did Inter keep out of their 13 Champions League 2009/10 matches?
Inter kept six clean sheets in total: two in the group stage (against Barcelona and Rubin Kazan), one against Chelsea in the round of 16, in both quarter-final matches against CSKA Moscow and then in the Final against Bayern Munich.
2) After Diego Milito (six goals), who was Inter’s highest scorer in the Champions League 2009/10 with three goals?
The second top scorer for the Nerazzurri in the Champions League with three goals was Wesley Sneijder, followed by Stankovic and Eto’o on two.
3) Who scored Inter’s first goal in the Champions League 2009/10?
Inter’s first goal in the Champions League 2009/10 was scored by Dejan Stankovic in the Nerazzurri’s second group-stage game, the 1-1 draw against Rubin Kazan in Russia.
4) Who did Inter’s first victory come against in the Champions League 2009/10?
Inter’s first win came against Dynamo Kyiv on matchday four of the group stage. After having drawn the first three matches, Inter won 2-1 away from home thanks to goals in the last five minutes of the game from Milito and Sneijder.
5) How many of Wesley Sneijder’s six assists in the Champions League 2009/10 were for Diego Milito?
Of Sneijder’s six assists in the Champions League, four were to set up Diego Milito: on 04/11/2009 vs. Dynamo Kyiv, on 31/03/2010 vs. CSKA Moscow, in the semi-final first leg vs. Barcelona and then in Madrid vs. Bayern Munich in the Final. The Dutchman’s two other assists were for Samuel’s goal against Dynamo Kyiv and the perfect pass for Eto’o against Chelsea.
6) Who came on for Diego Milito in added time of the Champions League Final 2009/10 against Bayern Munich?
The last change of the match in added time saw Marco Materazzi come on for Diego Milito.
7) In which Champions League 2009/10 match did Inter take most shots (25)?
The Champions League 2009/10 match in which Inter took most shots was against CSKA Moscow on 31 March 2010 (25): Pandev, Stankovic and Sneijder took five, Eto’o had four, Milito and Maicon two, Materazzi and Cambiasso one each.
8) Which of Inter’s goals in the Champions League 2009/10 came furthest from goal (29 metres)?
There were three long range strike from Inter that year in the Champions League: the furthest (29 metres) was from Balotelli against Rubin Kazan, then Sneijder struck from 25 metres against CSKA Moscow and Stankovic did likewise against Dynamo Kyiv.
9) What was Inter’s fastest goal after kick-off in the Champions League 2009/10?
Inter got off to a quick start in three Champions League 2009/10 matches: Milito scored against Chelsea in the third minute, Sneijder scored after six minutes against CSKA Moscow and then Stankovic against Rubin Kazan.