MILAN – Here we go again! After the long break due to the health emergency, Serie A returns. Inter will take to the pitch tonight at 21:45 CEST at San Siro behind closed doors as they face Sampdoria on matchday 25. But where were we? Below you’ll find ten facts, ten moments from which to jog your memory and dive headfirst into the Nerazzurri’s adventure.
1) In how many consecutive matches did Inter manage to score in this season (all competitions)?
The Nerazzurri scored in each of their first 19 games this season. No coach in Inter’s history had seen his team score in all of their first 19 matches in the dugout.
2) How many Inter players have scored so far this season (all competitions)?
A record! The Nerazzurri are the side with the most players to have scored at least one goal this season: 18. Behind them are the two teams from the capital, Lazio and Roma, both with 16 different goal scorers. Click here to discover the Nerazzurri’s 18 different scorers!
3) In how many matches this season (all competitions) have Antonio Conte’s Inter not found the net?
Inter have not managed to score in just three of their 37 games so far this season: those matches were against Roma and Juventus in Serie A, as well as against Napoli in the Coppa Italia.
4) Which Inter player has the highest assists per game average this season (all competitions)?
Antonio Candreva and Marcelo Brozovic are the two Nerazzurri players to have provided the most assists (both on six) across all competitions in 2019/20, but it’s the former who boasts a better average of assists per match: six in 27 appearances, or 0.22 per game.
5) How many times has Romelu Lukaku scored more than one goal in a match for Inter this season (all competitions)?
Our Belgian striker has scored more than one goal in six games this season: five times in Serie A and once in the Coppa Italia. Overall, only Ciro Immobile has a higher tally among Serie A teams this season, having scored more than one goal in a game on eight occasions.
6) Who scored Inter’s last goal before Serie A stopped?
The English wing-back scored the Nerazzurri’s most recent goal in the game against Lazio on February 16th. This is also the only time Ashley Young has scored for Inter in his five appearances for the Club so far in Serie A.
7) Who is the only Inter player to have scored a goal having been subbed on in the 2019/20 league season?
The young defender is the only Nerazzurri player to have scored after coming on from the bench in Serie A this season after doing so against Lecce in January (1-1). However, in other competitions the two goals scored by players having been subbed on came from Nicolò Barella in the Champions League game against Slavia Prague (September 2019) and Romelu Lukaku in the Europa League against Ludogorets (February).
8) Among the outfield players to have made ten appearances in Serie A this season, who is the only one to have started all his games for Inter?
The Slovakian defender has played 24 out of a possible 24 games in the league so far. What’s more, since arriving at Inter in 2017/18, Skriniar has collected the most caps out of all the players who have started in all their appearances (97).
9) Lautaro Martínez has scored eleven goals in the league. How many of these came in the first half?
Nine of the Argentine’s eleven (82%) Serie A goals this season were scored in the first 45 minutes of the match. The only two goals he’s scored in the second half were those, both away, against Sassuolo (71st minute) and Napoli (62nd minute).
10) How many goals have Inter scored in their 25 Serie A matches?
Romelu Lukaku is the Nerazzurri’s top scorer in the league: the Belgian has scored 17 goals (four from penalties). Following him are Lautaro Martínez (eleven goals, two from the spot), then Sensi and Brozovic with three goals.