MILAN – Inter have played a total of 36 games so far this season (25 in the league, six in the Champions League, two in the Europa League and three in the Coppa Italia), scoring 69 goals (an average of almost two goals per game) in the process.
And while it’s true that Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez have netted 56% of the team’s goals this campaign (the Belgian and Argentine have scored 23 and 16 respectively), it’s just as true that Inter have had many different goalscorers. Indeed, 18 of Antonio Conte’s men have found the net so far in all competitions, with the Nerazzurri having one of the best records in Europe in this regard.
In Serie A, 15 players have scored for Inter in 2019/20. In the Top Five European leagues, only Real Madrid (18), Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund and Nice (16) have had more goalscorers in their respective divisions. This is in no small part down to the fact that many players tend to join in with the attack, resulting in opportunities for them to have efforts on goal. In the Italian top flight, Napoli, Atalanta and Lecce have had 14 different goalscorers, one more than Roma, Verona and Cagliari (13).
In addition to the 15 players who have got on the scoresheet in the league, Eriksen and Biraghi have both netted in the Europa League, while Ranocchia has also bagged a goal in the Coppa Italia. You can find a list of all the Nerazzurri’s goalscorers this season below. Noteworthy is the fact that Lukaku is the only player to have found the net in all four of the competitions that Inter have been involved in this season.
- Romelu Lukaku - 23 goals: 17 in Serie A, 2 in the Champions League, 2 in the Europa League, 2 in the Coppa Italia.
- Lautaro Martinez - 16 goals: 12 in Serie A, 5 in the Champions League.
- Antonio Candreva - 4 goals: 2 in Serie A, 1 in the Champions League, 1 in the Coppa Italia.
- Marcelo Brozovic - 3 goals: 3 in Serie A.
- Matias Vecino - 3 goals: 2 in Serie A, 1 in the Champions League.
- Nicolò Barella - 3 goals: 1 in Serie A, 1 in the Champions League, 1 in the Coppa Italia.
- Stefano Sensi - 3 goals: 3 in Serie A.
- Borja Valero - 2 goals: 1 in Serie A, 1 in the Coppa Italia.
- Stefan de Vrij - 2 goals: 2 in Serie A.
- Roberto Gagliardini - 2 goals: 2 in Serie A.
- Cristiano Biraghi - 1 goal: 1 in the Europa League.
- Alessandro Bastoni - 1 goal: 1 in Serie A.
- Andrea Ranocchia - 1 goal: 1 in the Coppa Italia.
- Sebastiano Esposito - 1 goal: 1 in Serie A.
- Danilo D'Ambrosio - 1 goal: 1 in Serie A.
- Alexis Sanchez - 1 goal: 1 in Serie A.
- Ashley Young - 1 goal: 1 in Serie A.
- Christian Eriksen - 1 goal: 1 in the Europa League.
Several Inter players have bagged their first goal for the Club this campaign: in addition to the new arrivals Lukaku, Barella, Sensi, Bastoni, Sanchez, Young and Eriksen, Cristiano Biraghi (who made his debut for Inter in the Champions League in 2010/11) and Sebastiano Esposito have all found the net for the Nerazzurri for the first time since the 2019/20 season began.
Out of the 69 goals that Inter have scored this season, eight have come from the penalty spot. The team have converted all seven of the spot-kicks they’ve been awarded in the league: Lukaku has dispatched four, Lautaro Martinez two and Esposito one. Lukaku has also scored a penalty in the Europa League. In the Champions League, the only penalty that Inter were awarded in the competition this season was missed by Lautaro, who was denied by the goalkeeper. However, it ultimately didn’t matter has Inter emerged victorious on the night.