DÜSSELDORF - Polish referee Szymon Marciniak will take charge of Inter vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in the semi-finals of the Europa League. The game gets underway at 21:00 CEST in Düsseldorf on Monday evening.
Fellow Poles Paweł Sokolnicki and Tomasz Listkiewicz will serve as linesmen, while the Scot William Collum will be the 4th match official.
VAR duties will be performed by Pawel Gil and assistant Tomasz Kwiatkowski.
Marciniak has refereed three games involving Inter in European competitions, including a Champions League game this season:
- Wolfsburg 3-1 Inter, Round of 16 first leg, Europa League, 12/3/2015;
- Inter 1-1 Barcelona, group stage, Champions League, 6/11/2018;
- Slavia Prague 1-3 Inter, group stage, Champions League, 27/11/2019.
While he has, on two occasions, taken charge of games involving Shakhtar, both in 2015/16:
- Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Rapid Vienna, qualifier second leg, Champions League, 25/8/2015
- Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Sevilla, semi-final first leg, Europa League, 28/4/2016.