MILAN – Romelu Lukaku has been named as Serie A player of the month for February. Lega Serie A have announced the Nerazzurri centre forward as the winner of the February MVP award, which will be presented to him in the pre-match of Inter vs. Atalanta (Monday 8 March)
A February to remember for the Belgian centre forward, who contributed to Inter's four league wins from four matches in the past month. Only against Fiorentina (0-2, Barella and Perisic) did Lukaku fail to score. Our number nine scored a brace in the 3-1 victory over Lazio, then a goal and assist against AC Milan (3-0) and a further goal and assist in the 3-0 win over Genoa.
As the Lega Serie A explains, the evaluations were compiled according to the statistical surveys of Stats Perform, with the help of tracking data recorded by Netco Sports.
The data recorded by Lukaku worth highlighting:
- He recorded the highest Efficiency Index in three out of four games;
- A technical efficiency performance of 97% (with a peak of 98% in the derby);
- Almost 99% in Physical Efficiency and exceeds the sprint threshold (25 km / h) for 28 times per game;
- Excellent dribbling abilities (K-Pass 96%), highlighted by the assists provided to his teammates;
- His tactical skills (K-Movement 95%), ability to read the game and make optimal choices (K-Solution 93%) enhancing the attacks of his teammates.
Lukaku is the first Nerazzurri player to win a player of the month award this season.
- September: Alejandro Gomez (Atalanta)
- October: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan)
- November: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
- December: Hakan Calhanoglu (AC Milan)
- January: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Lazio)
- February: Romelu Lukaku (Inter)
Serie A CEO Luigi De Siervo commented on the award being given to the Nerazzurri centre forward: “Romelu Lukaku is proving to be a real driving force, as well as one of the strongest strikers in the world. The Nerazzurri number nine is always providing excellent performances both from a technical and an athletic point of view and with four goals and three assists in February, he brought Inter to the top of Serie A TIM".